Who doesn’t wish chocolate chip cookies were healthy?! I mean, really. I think we all do. Only problem is…they aren’t! But what if there was something that tasted like a chocolate chip cookie that actually was healthy? You would totally want that recipe, right?
Well, that is exactly what you are about to get! I stumbled on the best recipe EVER and it has been a lifesaver in our household. Although Shakeology has taken away my sweet cravings, they definitely still creep in during that “special” time of the month, they for sure still came through while I was pregnant, and I definitely had them as I was recovering from giving birth. Not only do these no bake energy bites satisfy my sweet tooth, they are also perfect as a grab-n-go snack! They were so helpful in my early nursing days and were great to leave on my nightstand for those overnight feedings. Lastly, it’s super easy to double the recipe and prep a bunch at once, but don’t think that will make them last longer. I can guarantee that these puppies won’t stick around long because they truly are that good! Enjoy!!!
NO BAKE ENERGY BITES
- 1 cup (dry) oatmeal (I used old-fashioned oats)
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1/2 cup ground flax seeds
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips (or vegan chocolate chips)
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup of coconut flakes (optional, I don’t use these)
- Stir all ingredients together in a medium bowl until thoroughly mixed. Cover and let chill in the refrigerator for half an hour.*
- Once chilled, roll into balls of whatever size you would like. (Mine were about 1″ in diameter.) Store in an airtight container and keep refrigerated for up to 1 week.
- Makes about 20-25 balls.